Translate/Traducir

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hello again!

Well, it's been a long while since I've posted anything. So long in fact, that I can't seem to get into my old blog. So I decided to start a new one. Makes things simpler. 
For the last year and a half I've been away. I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Serving a mission was the best decision I've made so far. I know, more than ever before, that Jesus Christ really is the Savior of the world and I know that if we follow Him, we will be able to return to live with God, our Heavenly Father, again. The opportunity to share that knowledge and teach people what we need to do to follow Jesus was wonderful. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't gone. I don't know what I would be like. I learned and grew a lot on my mission. Mostly I learned how much I still need to learn and grow. 
But that's how life-changing events are. They don't just make you into a different person. Mostly, they just point you in the right direction and you have to keep walking and making your own changes. It's called agency, the ability and responsibility we all have to act for ourselves. God gave us our agency and He will never take it away. I'm grateful for that. It means I get to make mistakes and learn from them and become a better person. Not on my own, because I need to ask for God's help to be better, but of my own volition. 
That's all for today. Later I'll add more as I feel like it and as time permits. Chau!