Translate/Traducir

Friday, June 14, 2013

We're happy when we're hiking

I like hiking. That doesn't mean I'm a veteran hiker who's hiked tons of really hard trails already. But I like going on hikes and someday, I'm going to hike Mount Timpanogos. That's the goal for now. I've got a ways to go before I can reach it. I'll have to start out with smaller hikes and work my way up. When I go hiking, I don't always like the hard parts. There's always steep places to climb up or down, rough patches, slippery parts, narrow spots.... you get the idea. But when you get to your destination, there's a sense of accomplishment that makes all the hard things you did to get there worthwhile. Not to mention an awesome view. And you don't even have to wait till the end to get a good view, if you keep your eyes open. The key is to enjoy the journey. Which means I shouldn't be discouraged that I've only done smaller, easier hikes up to this point. I shouldn't tell myself that this hike doesn't count cause it's not the big one. Instead, I should enjoy every hike I go on, good parts and bad, and keep working towards the goal. 
I should probably stop philosophizing about hiking now. Here's some of the pictures from the hike my family and I went on to Stewart Falls. It was really fun. The weather was perfect, the views were great and a good time was had by all. 

Waterfall, good view
Stewart Falls: the destination that made it worth it.
Did I mention that I love waterfalls? I do.

hiker sitting by Stewart Falls
Hiking is fun.

hike to Stewart Falls, good view, waterfall
One of those great views on the way.

Several people brought their dogs on the hike. This dog (the black thing is a dog) was hot and decided
to lounge in the river below the falls until her people were ready to leave.