Translate/Traducir

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A quick, comforting thought

footprints, sand
No matter how alone we may feel, the Lord will never
forget us or leave us comfortless. 

I just came across this verse again. It's in 1 Nephi 21:26. Nephi was quoting Isaiah, so it's also found in Isaiah 49:26
sunset, river, clouds
The Lord's comfort comes
like a beautiful sunset at
the end of a difficult day
to sooth our soul.
The last part of the verse reads: "and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob." As I was reading it this time, that phrase just stood out to me. Christ is our Savior. He loves us each individually. He wants us to know that. That means so much to me. He not only cared enough to come to earth and perform the Atonement, but he cares enough to tell us about it. The preceding verses contain strong imagery, largely symbolic, about how Jesus will come to our defense if we are willing to accept His protection. In verse 16, He tells us that He has graven us upon the palms of His hands. He will never forget us. I know that is true.